Sunday, March 18, 2012

Post-Spring Break 2012

I've probably had the most calm Spring Break in my whole life. For the first time, I didn't have the same Spring Break as my friends, and it rained the whole week. I'm glad it gave me a little pause from my pledging process, although it was constantly on my mind what I still had to do, but I didn't get to sleep in as I had hoped. I woke up almost everyday to run errands, to do classroom observations, or to do community service. I was burdened by the thought I had a psych midterm waiting for me after break, so I would try studying everyday, only to do not so hot on my practice tests, but slowly improving! I stayed home for most of the week, where I realized that my thoughts could literally be the death of me. I have come to a conclusion that I need to keep myself busy in order from all these thoughts coming to me, and as I wound up having not much to do this week, I would lay in bed only to have my mind try to silently corrupt me. Negativity aside, I was able to bond with my mother, who forced me to get a Hello Kitty umbrella from Burlington for only $6. Having no hood, we head outside with no umbrella, and she refused to use our newly purchased umbrella because it was new, resulting in me having to walk to the car in pouring rain. Oh mother...

Now, I continue to study for my midterm for my fraternity tomorrow, only to need to wake up in a few hours to laundry, pack up, and head back to SF for study hall and pledge meeting. Here's to the last break before summer vacation. I am way too anxious for summer now... to reunite with sleep, with friends, with family, and to just RELAX.

My bangs are slowly becoming nonexistent.