Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chillax

Today I woke up feeling like it was an off day, and whenever that happens, I try to make adjustments to improve my day, attitude, or feelings. Throughout the day, through some thoughts, I grew an increasing annoyance and disapproval of someone, but then I shook it off because it was accumulating to my already off day. I told myself it was a test of my patience and humility, and no point of making a fuss because this ain't high school drama anymore. So I'm done being annoyed with that I guess for now and just letting it go.

For my group speech next week, none of the people in my group want to put the binder together with all our outlines and bibliographies so we drew names for it. I told myself there's a 1/5 chance it'd end up being me so I didn't really care and whaddya know.... WHABAM, my name was drawn. And from there, I got myself a semi-Hell week next week with my Bio midterm and a 10 minute speech for our group speech. I'm just glad my Bio midterm got pushed to Thursday or else they woulda been on the same day... the day after Halloween. At this point during the day, I just really wanted to rant and complain, but then my optimism got to me again and told me that there's no point in complaining. Complaining is wasting time that you could be using to get things done and over with.

So, my lessons learned today: Grow my patience and humility with people, stop complaining, and just... DO WORK SON. Taking things one step at a time. Breathin' easy. Staying optimistic.

No comments: