Wednesday, October 26, 2011
C'mon
Today was my last day of my Teaching & Tech class for the semester, and we had to fill out an evaluation regarding our professor. He left the class while we took the surveys, and everyone was hustlin' and bustlin' about how they were going to be super honest and critical on the poor guy. Why? As the class came to an end, everyone became all frustrated and stressed with all the projects that were assigned throughout the semester but were due at the last class (today). Our professor was warning us all semester that the due dates were coming up. I guess no one really took his warnings into account, and instead, started to blame his teaching style. Hello people, we're in college now. Time management is key. Maybe I was the only one who took his warnings into account and finished my projects gradually, instead of gradually cramming it the night before. Our professor is really nice, and he genuinely shows that he cares. He told us today that he was going to grade our projects as "2nd drafts" and would email us if there was something we could change to get an A. Then everyone gets mad, saying "WTF I stayed up all night when it wasn't really the final due date?!" when I'm like dang dude, he's being nice and giving us an opportunity to get a better grade instead of grading us and making that our final grade. I don't know, but damn, it made me realize how unappreciated teachers are when there's no one really to blame but the student themselves when it comes to getting work done. What you put in, is definitely what you get out. Blame the sinner, not the sin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment