Roughly 24 hours ago I got back from my very first National CFC-Y Leaders Conference in Jacksonville, Florida. I'm still on that high He gives us. I keep thinking that "I'm back in reality" now that conference is over, but I want to keep living like this: worshipping God, giving him all my praise, and simply loving others just as he loves me. I need to turn that reality now into my daily life. My soul is literally like overflowing with his love right now I have butterflies everywhere, I'm just so happy!
I left on Thursday morning at 3am to go to Martin's house since I was carpooling with him and some other brothers of mine. Couldn't sleep on the way there because I was way toooo excited but Randy and Big Bro knock out and snore. =P When we get there, we kinda panic trying to figure out our confirmation number for our tickets since Tito Edwin didn't give it to us since we were going without them but we get it. Then, weend up getting smacked in our faces we couldn't switch tickets... cause Nicole was leaving early so Big Bro and Jerms switched their ticket so she wouldn't go alone. And since me and Randy carpooled with Martin, we had to switch tickets too. We got some stupid workers who gave us hella attitude and didn't help us, and made stupid decisions. We almost just had to wait at the airport until 8:00pm (which was our original flightplan) when it was 4:00am -_________- but we got a standby ticket for Las Vegas. Martin checked his luggage in and we went to the gate.
We were pretty darn hungry so we sat in front of BK waiting for it to open, but realized it'd open when we had to board the plane. And to top it off, we asked the lady if we could get any easier way to get to Jacksonville faster because there was no guarantee we would get to Florida from Las Vegas. We were pretty mad/scared. She said there was a way, but she couldn't change it anymore because Martin checked in his luggage since the first lady made him. ARGGHHH! and so yeah, we got on the plane for Vegas like at 6:00 and we got to Vegas at I forgot.. 7 or 8am-ish? We hella prayed on the plane that we could get a ticket to Jacksonville, otherwise we'd be stuck there.
PRAISE THE LORD FOR HENRY PASCUA. A very kind man who helped us get our route straight and set to go to Jacksonville, Florida. From Vegas, we went to Chicago. We were there for hella long and we were starving. We ate McDonalds, and dude, McDonalds (which I hate) never tasted so good and warm in my stomach!!! We waited at the gate, but our flight got delayed hella times for several reasons: 1). Mechanic Inspection 2). Thunderstorms (if there wasn't an inspection we would of beat them -_-) 3). Flight Attendants weren't there yet. but soon we left, and got to Jacksonville at 1amish. We got there the same time as James and Gian. When we got there, I hella just wanted to kiss the floor and everything.
Later on, we met up with Sarah and Michelle B. and then Gian and James and stuff and the Couple Coordinators picked us up from the airport and dropped us off at their hou to stay the night since conference didn't start until the next day. HEEEELLA nice house!! They had a big pond in their backyard, wait, maybe lake. Then their house was big! They had a pool table too. But yeah, all the girls slept in one room and yadidyayaa. Picture whoring with the girls =)
The next day we got ready, ate, took pictures again and went to University of South Florida to register. It was pretty darn packed. Then we put our luggage in the dorms and walked to the main University campus. Had lunch at Sbarro's pizza (which was disgusting) then walked to the Arena where all the stuff was gonna happen. It wasn't open yet, so we just took pictures and everything. Funfunfun. DID I TELL YOU the weather is hella hot and humid there? Just think the feeling of being in a small room where everyone is moving and sweaty so it gets hot and you feel sticky. Gross. But I think I'd rather have that than dry hotness like in California. Yeahyeahyeah. Arena opened, we had rosary + mass. Then dance competitions. Oh yeah, rolllllll calllll! Southwest was hella known for blownhorns HAHA they called us out hella times. I was too cheap though so I used those party blower thingies =) I really liked Talk 1! But crap I don't remember what it was called :( but it was pretty funny and everything.
There's so much that happened and my fingers are starting to hurt from typing. But I learned so much and got so much closer to God and my brothers and sisters. John 13: 34-45. Love one another as I have loved you. Amen. I am seriously going to take this in more everyday, even though I know some people already broke it lol. But yeah, this is a weekend I'm never going to forget. I met so many new people, new experiences, conference crushes :):) and omg, having the dorm to ourselves Sunday night and playing tag and everything in there was HELLA FUNN. not to mention cry wolf! So many good laughs, but I seriously lost pounds there. When I came back, my parents said I loooked like I lost weight so I weighed myself and I lost 2.5 pounds -_- WTF. It was because the walk from the dorms and arena was hellllla long and we had to walk back and forth so many times, and everytime we got to eat it was pretty nasty.
Conference 2009: Southwest region. CALIFORNIA?!?!?! =)
"All of my life, in every season, you are still God, I have a reason to sing... I have a reason to worship." <3
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment