Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Sister's Bike

Last night for me consisted of Simply Lemonade with raspberry, loud blasting music, relaxing looks out the window as the yacht moved through the water, making 1000 trips to the bar to get a cup of water while listening to 10 million repetitive apologies and saying it's okay every single time in effort trying to take care of a friend, a little dancing, unfamiliar faces, and a crave for chicken nuggets.

4am, we get to my house and I grab my keys... to find my house keys aren't on my lanyard anymore. (I think I dropped it at Lucky's) My sister is sleeping at her friend's house so I can't call her to open the door. So I had to choose between sleeping at Kristina's or calling my mom to open the door. Which one would get me in less trouble? Calling my mom to open the door. So I do.

My mom opens the door and I'm scared of what she'll say for me coming home at 4am. First and only thing she says to me is,

"Where's your sister's bike?" (I left it at my friend's house?)

This morning I get up to try and get the house key so I can go copy it. I don't want to tell my parents because of course they'll get pissed. I go downstairs because I think no one's awake and my mom is there reading the newspaper. I get scared that she remembers last night now and will get mad at me for coming home at 4am. First and only thing she says to me is,

"Where's your sister's bike? Did you return the speakers to Brian (my cotillion choreographer) yet?"

lol. Thank you to my sister's bike. Happy 21st Birthday Steven Leung and thanks Kristina & Roxanne!

No comments: