Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hidden

Sometimes when it comes to love, I can't help but to feel rather... unlucky? Is that the word? Hmm, probably not. I mean, I walk around campus and see couples walking around with hands intertwined, or I'm browsing through my Twitter or Facebook feed and see what most people call "puppy love" between young high schoolers or even middle schoolers. I mean, love is just everywhere, it's inevitable, and it's what brought us all to existence. Love makes the world go around. But when you haven't quite felt it for yourself ever in your life, and you're surrounded by it everywhere, you can't just help but wonder why. Maybe there's something wrong with me, or everyone's way better than me?

With all the hustle and bustle in the city, yeah, one can get lonely once in a while. Of course, it'd be nice to have someone. I just really think to myself why I am the few people I know who has yet to experience any of this in the past 18 years of my existence. I guess I can blame the fact I have really high expectations, and I'm a picky gal. I don't give in to things easily, and my mom even calls me a tough cookie. Blunt too, in fact. The problem is, the very few occasions where I actually let someone in, I was left behind in the cold, only to fear for the next  time. Now that I look at it, I'm glad that they left. They made me stronger and definitely gave me wisdom for the future. I just look at it as a way of God telling me, "No. I don't want to give you that. I want to give you something better." I don't like settling for less. It's just times like this, especially during the winter, where a single girl can feel more alone than usual. C'mon, who wouldn't mind the nice company of someone to go to Christmas in the Park with to sip some nice holiday Starbucks drinks, to go iceskating with, or to just enjoy the festive settings?

I don't need someone to be dependent on to make me happy, because trust me, I honestly love alone time and actually do in fact work better independently. It's just one of those things where you think, "wouldn't it be nice?". I got nothing to do but to just keep sippin' on this hot cup of coffee and keep going with the school grind, 'cause I know God's got something planned out for me in the future. And 'til that day, I'll be praying that God is keeping him safe and blessed.

No comments: