Straight off the bat, the first sin I confessed to was not going to mass every Sunday as I know is really important to one's faith. It was the first thing the priest questioned me about, and I talked to him how I knew it was important to give at least an hour of my whole week to give thanks, out of a whole week of blessings. He proceeded to ask me, "Tell me something that God does to help you everyday." The first thing that popped in my mind and that I blurted out was, "He wakes me up and gives me another day to live every day."
...and at that moment, I was like DUH. Way to be stupid Cris-ann. You should be giving your life back and be forever thankful to the person who is the reason why you are alive and living. The priest laughed and said, "Exactly..." and started telling me that we wake up everyday because God wants us to live another day. When we stop praying and going to church, He takes things away from us. Honestly, that's exactly what happened throughout my senior year. The priest told me how 500 people attend mass everyday at that church, but he believes that many see church as something they "need" to do, or as a burden, rather than something they should want to do. Just like eating, mass should be a necessity.
After that refreshing reminder, I think I'm geared back on the right track, but I just need to build and maintain. Thankfully, there's an on-campus church at USF.
Yay for good confession sessions. =) The best one I've ever had was in Chicago tho, where the guy compared Jesus to Michael Jordan. Except I forgot what he said now... hahah. =P
No comments:
Post a Comment