Thursday, August 25, 2011

The College Experience

It's been 5 days since I've been living the "college experience" here in SF, and must I say, I really love it. I think I work better independently, and I think I'm getting the space I've needed after the past few years. My friends and I who go here agree that our days feel so long because we're pretty much here all morning and all night, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I love how I can go take a nap in my room between classes, or just chill in my friends' rooms. I'm starting to believe in the "Freshman 15" as I eat hella crap since my meal plan for this semester is $2005. Yep, $2005 to buy all the food I want in 3 months... WTF. Definitely need to hit the gym but I can't get myself to wake up in the morning.

I'm still adjusting how classes and assignments are different. For example, I'm used to getting handouts and shizz on how projects need to be done, but now professors just blurt out instructions hella fast and my mind is too slow to absorb all of it. Full load this semester, let's see how it goes. So far, my teaching class (which ironically is the lowest credit class I am taking this semester, 2 credits) is what's scaring me the most so far with all the complicated sounding projects and such. Gotta stay focused, I can do this... I hope.

Definitely hella loving it. I love seeing peoples' reactions when I say "hella". =P

No comments: