Today was... productive. I was bored and had nothing else to do so I finished my essays. YAY!!! :D But I need to finish citing my sources since I could go to the library today, then add the informational paragraphs, then I'm done. But I also need to finish my math worksheet, do a drill sheet (easy), and read chapter 8. I'll get it done.. hopefully. Then out of boredom, I painted something. I got it done, kinda liked it, and on my way of dragging it out of my room to dry, it folded together with paint on it and paint got on the parts that were supposed to be white -___- I'll fix it, hopefully. I guess you can say I'm really productive when I really get bored, hahh. =P
I wasn't gonna go to YFC because I had no ride, but luckily Matt called when him and Winton were nearby so they picked me up. Meeting was alright, that's all I'll say (= Went home early 'cause sister was tired. Echo conference tomorrow.
However, at YFC I decided these are the things I'm gonna work on for lent.
1). Fast from gossip
-Self explanatory, I don't even like gossip but sometimes it's hard to not get into it.
2). Pull the rosary out and say it daily
-If God gave up His only son for us, can't we give up 15 minutes of our day just for Him? I hope I can do this, it's gonna be hard though cause I'm gonna be so consumed with Trojan Olympics/Spring Dance.
3). Memorize a proverb
-I plan to do one every week, and since I've wanted to get into reading the bible and analyzing it, this is a perfect opportunity :D
4). Sacrifice your time to help others.
-Me gusta ayudar la gente!
5). Pray for - by name - people you don't like and people that don't like you.
-Self explanatory (= hahaha
Other things I plan to do...
-Only say I love you if I feel it back and with true meaning
-Try to stay 100% postiive, no negativity at all
-Give meaningful hugs, 2 hands/arms!! I made this goal after Conference and I liked it, but I kinda lost it
-No disrespecting my elders (parents/sisters/etc)
-...and the typical no cussing. Let's see if I can really pull it off this time around
For those who weren't at the meeting, I challenge YOU to do something religious for Lent. Stan brought up a good point, how we give up things like drinking soda, but does drinking soda even hurt God? We should give up more meaningful things like sinning, or pray more.
Check out my Twitter on the sidebar! Seems funn. Haha, got it from Tammy :D
Rudeness is a turn off.
Oh, and PS, rest in peace. :(
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hiii crisann (:
Post a Comment